Fish lemon gravy is basically my take on ‘Fried Pomfret Fish Lemon Gravy’. I was searching for some new fish recipes when I came across in on Pinterest from Deekshaa Athwani. Deekshaa did use a different kind of fish, which is Pomfret and is in the name she gave this recipe, as well as some other ingredients. I found her recipe and it sounded good to me so I had to try it out and let me tell you… it was just mouth-watering and appetizing.
My husband is a huge fan of fish as well as lemon so this was a great meal for him. It’s a very simple dish to make since fish doesn’t take that long to cook. You start off by making the gravy, which is very tasty, than you add in the potatoes and let them sit for a little to cook. Lastly, but serenely not least, fish and you just set it in the pan to cook. Like I said, it’s simple yet very flavorful and something you should definitely try to create!
Fish Lemon Gravy
Cook Time: 45 minutes Serves: 2
- Fish (I used salmon)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 tsp hot chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp curry
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 5 cardamom
- 1/2 cup water
- Let your fish soak in lemon juice while you dice your onion, peel your potato and dice it.
- In a pan, add some oil and onions. Stir them around on medium-low heat.
- Mix in your cardamom. Stir everything together until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add in your garlic. Let them stay until you get the scent of the garlic.
- Stir in the hot chili powder, turmeric powder, black pepper and salt. Whisk everything together.
- Slowly add in your potatoes and let them sit for about 10 minutes, while the lid is closed and frequently stirring them around.
- Add in the fish than close the lid for 5-8 minutes on low heat. Flip the fish and let it sit for another 5-8 minutes. Than you’re ready to eat! You can eat this with either rice or some flatbread, like I did and enjoy!